The storm of 2020 and the onset of COVID 19 have finally given way to Spring 2021, GEDCO’s 30th Anniversary year. GEDCO’s clients, residents, staff and volunteers hope to join you in taking a deep breath and enjoying longer, sunnier days. However, we still need your immediate support to bring a little sun to everyone.
Since 1991, many new have been made possible through your financial commitment to GEDCO. For our 30th Anniversary, this year we are asking you to help us meet our financial goal of $300,000. Your contribution will help provide affordable housing, mental health and drug prevention assistance and activities to help older adults vibrant and engaged in life. Your donation will also help food, job, utility and rental assistance for those in need.
Our 30th anniversary year offers GEDCO many opportunities for new life, growth and the blessings of spring, but it will be financially challenging. We are looking to you, to help us continue to provide a new hope of life for residents in Baltimore and achieving our goal of raising $300,000.
“From day one, it was like they have always known me. Being here is a new hope of life for me.”
– Micah House Resident, Homeless and Supportive Services
Below are some examples of how your donation may be used:
- $30 can provide much needed food for a family who lives below the poverty line or provide a monthly bus pass for a job seeker.
- $60 will provide prescriptions so an older adult does not have to choose between food or medications.
- $125 will provide job mentoring and job search assistance for an individual so they can become as self-sufficient as possible.
- $300 will assist a family in paying their rent, preventing them from being evicted and risking homelessness.
- $3,000 can provide furniture to community rooms for homeless services residents at Micah and Harford House.
- $30,000 to keep the doors open at CARES, Senior Network and GEDCO.
We thank you for your incredible role in changing the lives of GEDCO’s residents and clients throughout the past year. Your unwavering devotion to our organization’s mission and programs, which include Homeless and Supportive Services, Senior Services, Community Services, and Real Estate Development, continues to be a major driving force in GEDCO’s success. Last year, GEDCO provided safe housing and supportive services to more than 500 of our neighbors in need.
GEDCO was able to generate these impressive results largely due to the unrestricted financial donations from individuals like YOU. Contributions such as these enable GEDCO to bridge budget gaps and continue to offer a wide array of comprehensive services within our various programs, thus helping our community members.
Despite such tremendous success in drastically improving the lives of thousands of individuals, over the last 30 years, GEDCO’s journey is far from over.
We are asking you to make an unrestricted financial contribution to GEDCO so that we may expand upon our mission and continue to drastically improve the lives of Baltimore community members in need of guidance as they begin and/or continue their journey of personal growth on the road to self-sufficiency.