The list of volunteer ideas below may work well for groups who are either seeking ongoing (3+ months) or one-time service opportunities. We generally ask for 1 to 2 months advance notice in order to have ample time for preparation and coordination.
- Community Corridor Walks
- Cook, deliver and share dinner, and play board and card games afterwards with the residents of one of our senior service or homeless service programs
- Play BINGO and provide companionship with our residents in one of our senior service programs
- Share your knowledge and skills about health and wellness with the residents of one of oursenior service or homeless service programs
- Organize, collect and deliver food on a quarterly basis for CARES
- Spend an evening or an afternoon organizing “Birthday Bags” for the residents of our senior service or homeless service programs
- Have extra tickets to sporting events o museums? Then consider taking along a few of the residents from our homeless service programs.
- Bake and deliver casseroles and/or donate meals to our homeless service programs
- Organize a food drive for CARES
- Organize a collection for household items (toiletries, laundry detergent, etc.) and donate it to GEDCO
- Put together a cookout or ice cream social for our residents and provide companionship during the meal
- Perform gardening and grounds keeping at some of our properties (seasonal)