CARES Employment Services Coordinator – March 2020
Apply for an interesting opportunity to develop and provide employment placement services while supporting the CARES food pantry and emergency financial assistance center.
GEDCO (Govans Ecumenical Development Corporation) is a dynamic non-profit organization that works in partnership with faith-based and community organizations to provide affordable housing, supportive services, and emergency assistance to community residents.
We are seeking an upbeat, friendly, mission-driven individual for the role of CARES Employment Coordinator, to provide employment assistance to individuals seeking job placement services, working in close partnership with staff from the Mayor’s Office of Employment Development and a team of volunteers.
The basic duties include:
· Provide direct participant services, including resume writing and job application assistance
· Implement and continue to refine model for providing employment and employment retention services to a diverse population.
· Working with the MOED, conduct/coordinate workshops and seminars that will meet the needs of participants both pre and post employment, e.g. job search, resume writing, interviewing, and financial planning
· Recruit, train, manage and retain volunteers who assist with assessment, employment and/or training placement, and job coaching
· Support the operations of CARES food and financial assistance activities
Employment Requirements: Minimum of five years’ experience in effective program management and supervision with work history demonstrating progressively increased responsibility and promotion within the employment services or social services field. Prefer candidate with a minimum of a BA degree in a related field.
Compensation: This is a part-time position of 24 hours per week, with paid vacation and sick leave time, and paid personal days and holidays. GEDCO is an equal opportunity employer.
To Apply: Please send a personalized cover letter along with a resume via email only to Rachael Neill, Director of Community Services, GEDCO at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact each applicant either during or after the hiring process is completed. No calls, please.