CARES Assistant Program Director – July 2020
The Assistant Program Director works 25 hours weekly with the Director of Community Services to manage the CARES food pantry, emergency services and job search assistance programs.
This individual trains and works with volunteers to provide program services to CARES program participants. CARES staff work in a team environment, coordinating with the Career Development Facilitator from the Baltimore City Mayor’s Office of Employment Development (MOED), who works out of the CARES office.
Support the operations of CARES food and financial assistance activities:
· Help recruit, train, and supervise volunteers
· Answer inquiries and requests for service
· Distribute groceries from the food pantry, following eligibility guidelines, ensuring services are recorded in database
Process requests for financial assistance:
· Assistance with Utility turn-off notices, working with Fuel Fund of Maryland and other resources
· Eviction prevention assistance, using funds from various sources
· Prescription assistance
· Assist with ordering food and office supplies, and receive donations and deliveries
· Fill in for Director of Community Services when they are not present
Support the operations of CARES Career Connection program:
· Coordinate with the Career Development Facilitator for the Mayor’s Office of Employment Development (MOED) assigned to CCC
· Help recruit, train, and supervise volunteers who assist with enrollment, employment and/or training placement, and job coaching
· Provide direct job search assistance, including resume writing and job application assistance
· Work with the MOED, to coordinate logistics for workshops and hiring events that MOED presents to meet the needs of participants both pre and post-employment
Assist the Director of Community Services to apply for grant funding, keep accurate records and provide timely reports as requested
Participate in GEDCO events, staff and community meetings, trainings and outreach to GEDCO Member Organizations
Other relevant duties as assigned
Employment Requirements: Minimum of five years’ experience in effective program management and supervision with work history demonstrating progressively increased responsibility and promotion within the social services or employment services field. Prefer candidate with a minimum of a BA degree in a related field.
Compensation: This is a part-time position of 25 hours per week, with paid vacation and sick leave time, and paid personal days and holidays. GEDCO is an equal opportunity employer.
To Apply: Please send a personalized cover letter along with a resume via email only to Rachael Neill, Director of Community Services, GEDCO at email@example.com. We will contact each applicant either during or after the hiring process is completed. No calls, please.