To help create a welcoming and organized senior center by responding to callers, members, and visitors; receiving and distributing communications; maintaining clerical records; cash receipts; and providing overall office support.
- Build a warm and welcoming community for staff, participants and volunteers
- General front-office reception duties, including opening and closing activity center, answering phone, and processing mail
- Provide administrative support for Program Director
- Collect all payments, registration forms and sign-up sheets for programs
- Post participants’ activities accurately to their records
- Assist in preparation of monthly activity reports utilizing the Senior Stat program
- Provide information and referral for individuals requesting resources and services
- Assist in preparation, editing and proofreading for flyers, newsletter, etc.
- Maintain office, filing and storage systems in an orderly fashion
- Facilitate virtual programming as required Employment
Requirements: Minimum of five years experience in cash handling and administrative job responsibilities within a social services or aging services field. Successful candidate will be proficient with technology and computer skills. Prefer candidate with a minimum of a BA degree in a related field.
Compensation: This is a part-time position of 25 hours per week, with paid vacation and personal leave available. GEDCO is an equal opportunity employer.
To Apply: Please send a personalized cover letter along with a resume via email only to Gwen Lloyd, Director of Senior Network of North Baltimore, GEDCO at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact each applicant either during or after the hiring process is completed. No calls, please.