Stadium Place is a national exemplar community that serves over 370 older adults (62+) with mixed incomes by providing housing with supportive services. GEDCO serves as the master developer and has invested approximately $50 million in this unique redevelopment project through support from various public and private partners and investors. These supporters include the State of Maryland, Baltimore City, Enterprise Homes, The Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Foundation, Inc.,Presbyterian Senior Living, and the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
- Residents offer to assist one another with daily chores, errands and tasks through our Neighbor Helping Neighbor Program.
- Services Coordinators form meaningful relationships with residents and work with residents to coordinate activities and programs such as resident councils, birthday and holiday parties, trips, game nights, chess club, book club, craft club, etc.
Service Coordinators also provide assessments, orientations, assistance with social service concerns, and on-going linkages to community services for residents.
The Eating Together in Baltimore program coordinated by the Baltimore City Health Department, Division of Aging, is offered 3 times per week.
A weekly shopping shuttle and planned trips managed by Action in Maturity (AIM) are offered to residents.
A Doctor of Podiatry is available for residents on campus to provide services in a medical suite.
Amenities & Features
- Stadium Place features a full service Y of Central Maryland; a “Community-Built Playground”; Stadium Place Nursing and Rehab Center, a residential, long-term care home and short-term rehabilitation center; and ThanksGiving Place, a small meditative park with a labyrinth that reflects the faith-based partnerships that sponsor Stadium Place.
- Residents live in one of five high-rise apartment buildings that have private, independent, and spacious rooms.
- Each of the apartment buildings at Stadium Place contains a special amenity such as a mini-movie theater, a beauty salon, and/or a computer lab.
For More Information
- Learn about Stadium Place’s bright future with our upcoming development projects, including the Village Center and Gilchrist Center Baltimore.
- Contact email@example.com, the Assistant Director, Older Adult Services, at 410-467-2572
- Contact Ted Gross, the Director of Senior Services at 410-433-2442 x 12
- View our map (1020-1080 East 33rd Street, Baltimore, MD 21218)
– Stadium Place Nursing and Rehab Center: 1010 East 33rd Street
– Harry & Jeanette Weinberg Court Apartments: 1020 East 33rd Street
– Venable Apartments II: 1030 East 33rd Street
– Ednor Apartments I:1040 East 33rd Street
– Ednor Apartments II: 1050 East 33rd Street
– Heritage Run Apartments: 1080 East 33rd Street
– Y of Centeral Maryland – The Y in Waverly: 900 East 33rd Street